Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fence, Family, and Birthay!

We have been so busy lately! My family planned a trip to come visit us over October 9-11 for a pre-birthday celebration, so of course Adam and I had to just get one more project done before they came. Adam (with the help of our great neighbors) worked so hard to finish the rest of our fence before the family arrived. We installed it ourselves and put in a 12 ft. gate to accommodate the samurai, which means YES the samurai is finally out of the garage! We are so excited to have our last big yard project done so now we can just focus on adding some landscaping here and there.

Mom, dad, and Ashlyn arrived on October 9th and came straight down to visit me at BYU while I was finishing up teaching my weight loss class. We spent most of the day Friday and Saturday shopping. They got me some great boots, which I can't wait to wear, as well as some jeans and internship appropriate shirts.

Friday night we had a birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, The Happy Sumo. On Saturday night we went to the BYU girls volleyball game, followed by dinner at the brick oven with my cousins. Finally on Sunday, my mom made one of my favorite meals (pork chops and homemade mac and cheese) and then we had some delicious ice cream cake from baskin robins! Our neighbors, Patrick and Shyla, stopped by for some birthday cake and brought me a beautiful cross stitch of Christ that she had made. It was such a thoughtful gift and I can't wait to hang it in our house. My family had to take off Sunday night, which always breaks my heart a little bit, but we were so happy that they came to see us.

As if I haven't been spoiled enough, Adam took me out to dinner on my actual birthday (Oct. 16) to Iggy's. It was nice to spend some time as just the two of us, as life has been so crazy lately and to make it worse I was about to leave for Denver for 5 days. For my birthday Adam gave me the new T-mobile mytouch. It is really the coolest little phone and we have been having so much fun playing with it. All in all it has just been a great few weeks spending time with family and friends and makes me realize how lucky I am to have all these wonderful people in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday! I love you girlie! And please tell me that the happy sumo reminds you of me just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it totally does. I would never have discovered the deliciousness if it weren't for you.

    ReplyDelete